Subaru Just Bought A Museum Quality 1990 Legacy Wagon Off Craigslist
Here's why it's best to always keep your car in tip-top shape.
Have you ever wondered where automakers get pristine examples of their old cars to display in exhibits? Well, here's a story.
Just over a week ago, a clean 1990 Subaru Legacy was posted for sale on Craigslist. Given the reputation of the listings site, Jalopnik took notice of the very detailed information that came with the ad, and of course, the impossibly mint condition of the long-roof Subaru Legacy with 216,000 miles on the clock.
Gallery: 1990 Legacy Wagon Bought By Subaru of America
People took notice, as the owner of the listing, Aaron of RadReport on Instagram, recounts on his Facebook post the bevy of emails he received after the Jalopnik story. He received nine emails in total – three of them were solid offers. But you know what else took notice of the ad? Subaru of America.
According to Aaron, the Legacy Wagon has now been sold to Subaru of America and will go to its private collection in Camden, New Jersey. Aaron was glad about the fact that his precious ride, which for a 30-year-old example could pass museum quality (see the photos), will be given a well-deserved T.L.C. while sitting in a climate-controlled environment, moving forward.
Celebrity Vehicles Up For Sale:
Browsing through the images of this 1990 Legacy Wagon above, I can't help but be amazed at how well-preserved it is, considering the age and miles it already has racked up. Even the light-colored cabin's looking quite neat. Kudos to Aaron and the previous owner who sold it to him. This is a job well done.
In case you're finding reasons why it's better to always keep your car in tip-top shape, here's a perfect one. Who knows, maybe decades down the line, the automaker could buy the vehicle back from you and be immortalized as a museum piece – a full circle and a great story for your precious ride.
- 7:00pm You Can Own This This 60-Mile Ronald McDonald-Themed Mercedes SLR Roadster
- 6:00pm American Honda Collection Hall With Carl Pulley, Refreshed Porsche Panamera: Rambling About Cars 152
- 5:12pm Ford Maverick Spy Shots Suggest High-Performance Model On The Way
- 3:57pm Aston Martin Will Not Build A Mid-Engine Vanquish
- 3:21pm 2025 Chevy Suburban And Tahoe Get Bigger Touchscreens And Stronger Diesels
- 2:15pm The Ford Mustang GT350R Is As Special As Modern Ponies Get
- 12:45pm Here's What To Know About The Tesla Cybertruck Before It Debuts Tomorrow
- 12:00pm The BMW XM Lives In The No-Mans-Land Of Performance SUVs