We're just days away from the rumored unveiling of the 2014 Mercedes C-Class but our spies have managed to snap new photos of the C-Class Estate.
Looking larger and more elegant than its predecessor, the redesigned wagon will have an evolutionary design that borrows cues from the E- and S-Class. While this particular prototype is wearing plenty of camouflage, a quick look at the undisguised C-Class sedan reveals the model will have an attractive design that could entice a few customers to give up their Audis and BMWs.
Engine options remain unconfirmed but previous reports have indicated the model could be offered with a variety of different choices including:
- A Renault-sourced 1.6-liter dCi with approximately 130 HP (96 kW)
- A 2.2-liter CDI four-cylinder with outputs of 170 HP (125 kW), 204 HP (150 kW) and 231 HP (170 kW)
- A 1.6-liter four-cylinder with 156 HP (114 kW)
- A 2.0-liter four-cylinder with outputs of 184 HP (135 kW), 211 HP (155 kW) and 252 HP (185 kW)
- A 3.0-liter V6 with 333 HP (245 kW)