Fernando Alonso has shot down speculation he could be about to return to McLaren. The rumour went into overdrive earlier in Singapore, after McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh refused to rule out tw...
Fernando Alonso has shot down speculation he could be about to return to McLaren.
The rumour went into overdrive earlier in Singapore, after McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh refused to rule out tweaking the current lineup of Jenson Button alongside Sergio Perez.
"McLaren? I love Ferrari, until the end," Spaniard Alonso was quoted late on Friday by Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport.
"I have another three years on my contract and I hope for even more," he added.
Alonso, who had also flirted with a switch to Red Bull before the world champion team announced its 2014 lineup, drove for McLaren in 2007 but the relationship ended acrimoniously.
At the very least, the 32-year-old said he has "no problems" with McLaren any more.
"It was just the philosophy of the team, and one man in the team no longer there," said Alonso, undoubtedly referring to former team boss Ron Dennis.
"It's good to have this compliment (from Whitmarsh), but there is no intention," he insisted.
Another wild rumour was also shot down in the Singapore paddock late on Friday, after it emerged at Monza recently that Mercedes boss Ross Brawn could buy Toto Wolff's 15 per cent stake in the Williams team.
"I'm definitely not buying shares in Williams!" Brawn exclaimed to the British broadcaster Sky.
"I'm planning to be here (Mercedes) next year so there's nothing else happening, I can guarantee it," he added.