In one fell swoop, Volvo has unveiled the 2014 S60, V60 and XC60. They are slated to debut at the Geneva Motor Show.
In one fell swoop, Volvo has unveiled the 2014 S60, V60 and XC60.
Looking instantly recognizable, the models have a new front fascia with a wider grille and single-piece headlights. There's also revised taillights, a new exhaust system and restyled alloy wheels.
To spruce up the cabin, designers added a digital instrument cluster and a Sensus Connected Touch infotainment system. Other goodies include updated upholstery, revised trim and silk metal accents.
Several new options are available including sport seats, a three-spoke steering wheel and a heated windscreen. There's also a variety of IntelliSafe systems including City Safety, Pedestrian Detection with full auto brake, Cross Traffic Alert and Road Sign Information.
The engine lineup carries over largely untouched, but several of the power plants have been tweaked for lower emissions and reduced fuel consumption. Key choices include:
- A turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder T3 petrol with 150 HP (110 kW) and 240 Nm (177 lb-ft) of torque
- A turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder T4 petrol with 180 HP (132 kW) and 240 Nm (177 lb-ft) of torque
- A turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder T5 petrol with 240 HP (177 kW) and 320 Nm (236 lb-ft) of torque
- A turbocharged 2.5-liter five-cylinder T5 petrol with 249 HP (183 kW) and 360 Nm (265 lb-ft) of torque
- A turbocharged 3.0-liter six-cylinder T6 petrol with 304 HP (224 kW) and 440 Nm (324 lb-ft) of torque
- A turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder D2 diesel with 115 HP (84 kW) and 270 Nm (199 lb-ft) of torque
- A turbocharged 2.0-liter five-cylinder D3 diesel with 136 HP (100 kW) and 350 Nm (258 lb-ft) of torque
- A turbocharged 2.0-liter five-cylinder D4 diesel with 163 HP (120 kW) and 400 Nm (295 lb-ft) of torque
- A turbocharged 2.4-liter five-cylinder D5 diesel with 215 HP (158 kW) and 420 Nm (310 lb-ft) of torque
More notably, the V60 Plug-in Hybrid has a 2.4-liter five-cylinder diesel engine and a small electric motor. It enables the model to accelerate from 0-100 km/h in 6.1 seconds, average 1.8 L/100km (130.6 mpg US / 156.9 mpg UK), have CO2 emissions of 48 g/km and travel up to 50 km (31 miles) on electricity alone.
Check out the press release for additional information