Volvo has officially taken the wraps off the facelifted V70, XC70 and S80. They feature revised styling and an updated interior.
Volvo has officially taken the wraps off the facelifted V70, XC70 and S80.
Set to debut in Geneva, the V70 and S80 have an updated design with new bumpers that have a "stretched effect" to make the cars appear lower and wider. The XC70 eschews this trend, but gains additional plastic body cladding on the front bumper. All three models also have a revised grille, new tail lights and additional chrome / matte silver trim.
Interior changes are relatively limited but include a digital instrumentcluster and a "Sensus Connected Touch" infotainment system with a 7-inch display. The latter device offers internet connectivity so users can browse the web, access Google Maps and stream internet radio.
New options include Active High Beam Control (which automatically switches the headlights between high and low beams), a heated windscreen, a heated three-spoke steering wheel and an extensive array of IntelliSafe systems.
Under the hood, the engine lineup has been revised for reduced fuel consumption and lower emissions. Key choices include:
- A turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder T4 petrol with 180 HP (132 kW) and 240 Nm (177 lb-ft) of torque
- A turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder T5 petrol with 240 HP (177 kW) and 320 Nm (236 lb-ft) of torque
- A turbocharged 2.5-liter five-cylinder T5 petrol with 249 HP (183 kW) and 360 Nm (265 lb-ft) of torque
- A 3.2-liter inline-six petrol with 243 HP (179 kW) and 320 Nm (236 lb-ft) of torque
- A turbocharged 3.0-liter six-cylinder T6 petrol with 304 HP (224 kW) and 440 Nm (324 lb-ft) of torque
- A turbocharged 1.6-liter four-cylinder D2 diesel with 115 HP (84 kW) and 270 Nm (199 lb-ft) of torque
- A turbocharged 2.0-liter five-cylinder D3 diesel with 136 HP (100 kW) and 350 Nm (258 lb-ft) of torque
- A turbocharged 2.0-liter five-cylinder D3 diesel with 163 HP (120 kW) and 400 Nm (295 lb-ft) of torque
- A turbocharged 2.4-liter five-cylinder D5 diesel with 215 HP (158 kW) and 420 Nm (310 lb-ft) of torque
Check out the press release for additional information