Yup, Dodge still sells the Grand Caravan.
The minivan is a much-maligned segment of the automotive industry, often the butt of crude jokes. However, back in 1984, when Dodge created the segment with the Caravan, it became a sensation, marking the demise of the station wagon, the preeminent family hauler at the time. Thirty-five years later, the Dodge Caravan soldiers on alongside the Chrysler Pacifica even though the two are wildly different today. To celebrate the 35th anniversary of its minivans, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles has announced the pricing for its 35th Anniversary Edition pack, which is available for both.
We’ve previously detailed what the 35th Anniversary Edition pack adds to both the Dodge Grand Caravan and Chrysler Pacifica and Pacifica Hybrid, which are all aesthetic pieces. At the time, we didn’t have any pricing information, but FCA has now changed that. The pack is available on the Pacifica Touring L trim for $2,015, which also adds Mopar overhead DVD, 18-inch wheels, and eight-passenger seating. On the Touring L Plus, the package costs $1,420 while adding a dual-pane sunroof, and eight-passenger seating. For the Limited it costs $695 and adds 20-inch wheels.
On the Pacifica Hybrid Touring L, the package is $1,390, also adding the Premium Audio Group pack and its 13 Alpine speakers, Uconnect 4C with navigation, and 17-inch wheels. The 35th Anniversary Edition pack for the Hybrid Limited trim is $695 and also adds 18-inch wheels.
Gallery: 2019 Chrysler Pacifica and Dodge Grand Caravan 35th Anniversary Editions
For the Dodge Caravan, the package costs $2,800 on the SE, which also adds second row Stow ’N Go, and a power driver’s seat. The package for the SXT trims costs $1,595 while adding navigation, the Driver Convenience Group—heated front seats, heated steering wheel, and second-row window shades.
While the Chrysler Pacifica replaced the old Town & Country for the 2017 model year, the Dodge Grand Caravan has soldiered on unchanged since 2008. It’s crazy to think an 11-year-old minivan would still be around today, but Dodge has had great success continuing to sell aging vehicles on ancient platforms. Just look at the Dodge Challenger. In 2018, Dodge sold 152,000 Grand Caravans. If it’s not broke, don’t fix it.
Source: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
FCA US LLC announces pricing on Chrysler Pacifica, Pacifica Hybrid and Dodge Grand Caravan 35th Anniversary Edition Models
- Arriving in dealerships this summer, the 35th Anniversary Edition is designed to celebrate more than three decades of minivan leadership with new badging, an all-black interior with Cranberry Wine accent stitching and upgraded content packaged at value prices
- The Pacifica and Pacifica Hybrid, the first and only hybrid minivan, deliver class-leading gasoline and hybrid powertrains to the minivan segment, with the hybrid offering an all-electric range of more than 30 miles and more than 80 miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe) in electric-only mode
- Pacifica reinvented the minivan segment with an unprecedented level of functionality, versatility, technology and bold styling
- With more than 100 honors and accolades, the Chrysler Pacifica is the most award-winning minivan of the past three years
- More than 14.6 million families have joined the FCA US LLC minivan fold since it first created the segment for the 1984 model year
May 29, 2019 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Thirty-five years after creating the minivan segment, FCA US LLC continues to deliver bold style, functionality, versatility, technology and great value, today announcing pricing on its 35th Anniversary Edition on Chrysler Pacifica, Pacifica Hybrid and Dodge Grand Caravan models.
The 35th Anniversary Edition features new badging, an all-black interior with Cranberry Wine accent stitching, and upgraded content, in addition to the already extensive list of standard equipment.
With more than 14.6 million minivans sold globally since 1983, FCA US tops the segment, selling twice as many minivans as any other manufacturer over the past 35 years, and remains the leader with 55 percent market share in 2018 – the highest ever attained.
FCA US invented the modern minivan for the 1984 model year with the Dodge Caravan and Plymouth Voyager. The first luxury minivan, the Chrysler Town & Country, debuted in 1989.
The company still leads the way with the best, most innovative vehicle to move people and things – 115 minivan-first innovations. Through all six generations of the minivan, FCA US has continued to deliver versatility, functionality, safety and technology.
Chrysler Pacifica/Pacifica Hybrid 35th Anniversary Edition
Celebrating its status as the most awarded minivan of the past three years with more than 100 awards, the Pacifica revolutionizes the minivan segment by offering class-leading gasoline and hybrid powertrains and nearly 40 new minivan-first features.
Available on Pacifica Touring L (gas/hybrid), Touring L Plus and Limited (gas/hybrid) models, the 35th Anniversary Edition features a 35th Anniversary badge and a Liquid Chrome Chrysler Wing badge with a Gloss Black insert on the front fascia grille and rear liftgate.
The luxuriously appointed all-black interior features Cranberry Wine accent stitching on McKinley and Nappa leather perforated seats, steering wheel, door trim, bezels on the instrument panel (IP) and door handles, and a 35th Anniversary embroidered logo on the front floor mats.
35th Anniversary Pacifica models feature:
- Touring L: Eight-passenger seating, Mopar overhead DVD, 18-inch wheels – a U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $2,015 ($370 discount)
- Touring L Plus: Eight-passenger seating and dual-pane sunroof – U.S. MSRP of $1,420 ($370 discount)
- Limited: 20-inch wheels – U.S. MSRP of $695 ($300 discount)
- Hybrid Touring L: Premium Audio Group with 13 Alpine speakers, Uconnect 4C Nav with 8.4-inch display, 17-inch wheels – U.S. MSRP of $1,390 ($795 discount / free wheel upgrade)
- Hybrid Limited: 18-inch wheels – U.S. MSRP of $695 ($200 discount / discounted 18-inch wheels)
The S Appearance package can be added to any 35th Anniversary Edition Pacifica or Pacifica Hybrid for an even sportier, blacked-out, customized exterior.
The 2019 Chrysler Pacifica is available in 10 exterior colors: Billet Silver Metallic, Brilliant Black, Bright White, Dark Cordovan, Granite Crystal Metallic, Jazz Blue, Luxury White, Maximum Steel, Ocean Blue Metallic and Velvet Red.
Dodge Grand Caravan 35th Anniversary Edition
As America’s best-selling minivan ever, the Dodge Grand Caravan delivers a tremendous value. Available on Grand Caravan SE and SXT models, the 35th Anniversary Edition includes 17-inch tech silver aluminum wheels, 35th Anniversary fender badge and a bright grille.
Inside, an all-black interior features Cranberry Wine accent stitching on the seats and door trim, a Piano Black console and IP accent, and a 35th Anniversary embroidered logo on the front floor mats.
35th Anniversary Grand Caravan models feature:
- SE: Stow ‘N Go second-row bucket seats, power driver’s seat – U.S. MSRP of $2,800 ($1,755 discount)
- SXT: Navigation radio, Driver Convenience Group, which features heated front seats, heated steering wheel, second-row window shades – U.S. MSRP of $1,595 ($395 discount)
The 2019 Dodge Grand Caravan is available in six exterior colors: Billet Silver Metallic, Black Onyx, Granite Crystal, IndiGo Blue, Octane Red and White Knuckle.
The Chrysler Pacifica, Pacifica Hybrid and Dodge Grand Caravan are built at Windsor Assembly Plant in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Orders open in the spring, with 35th Anniversary Edition models arriving in dealerships this summer – just in time for family road trips.