Peugeot has presented the more premium version of the 208, called XY, at the Paris Motor Show.
Peugeot’s arsenal for the 2012 Paris Motor Show also includes this more premium version of the 208. It’s called the XY and might we say it looks slightly better than the standard model thanks to the chromed front grille, mirror caps, window trim, fog lamp surrounds and the rear apron trim. At an additional cost, the client can get the 208 XY with special decals on the roof.
Moving inside the cabin there are some surfaces covered by leather with contrasting stitching, along with Alcantara for the center areas of the seats. Peugeot also fitted this 208 XY with aluminum pedals and different mats, while for more money it’s available with a panoramic glass roof, full interior leather upholstery, a 7-inch touchscreen with navigation and also an automatic parking system. It will ride on 17-inch multi-spoke Diamond Anthra Mercure.
Engine choices include:
- 1.6 e-HDi 92 FAP, 5-speed manual gearbox, 98g of CO2/km
- 1.6 e-HDi 92 FAP, 6-speed piloted gearbox, 98g of CO2/km
- 1.6 e-HDi 115 FAP, 6-speed manual gearbox, 99g of CO2/km
- 1.6 VTi 120, 5-speed manual gearbox, 134g of CO2/km
- 1.6 THP 155, 6-speed manual gearbox, 135g of CO2/km