Michael Schumacher has dismissed the attempt to have Mercedes' innovative 'double-DRS' system banned. Having twice previously rejected rivals' claims the concept is illegal, the FIA late on Thursday...
Having twice previously rejected rivals' claims the concept is illegal, the FIA late on Thursday threw out Lotus' official protest.
Seven time world champion Schumacher, who drives for Mercedes, admitted in China he doubts Lotus really thinks the system breaches any rules.
"If someone has a good idea, we always have this sort of dispute," the famous German told Bild newspaper.
"It (the dispute is) because it's going to take too long for the other teams to do the same thing. It's the normal game," said Schumacher.
It is believed McLaren and Sauber are working on their own versions of the double-DRS, as are the reigning world champions Red Bull.
"We have been working on it for some time," a Red Bull source told O Estado de S.Paulo's Livio Oricchio, "but it's not easy to get even two small tubes down the entire length of the car, front to rear," he admitted.
Oricchio said Ferrari is also working on a version, to debut no later than next month's Spanish grand prix.