After logging more than 35,000 miles in prototypes, McLaren has announced their MP4-12C GT3 is ready celebrate its racing debut at the VLN and ADAC GT Masters championships on March 31st.
After logging more than 35,000 miles in prototypes, McLaren has announced their MP4-12C GT3 is ready celebrate its competitive racing debut at the VLN and ADAC GT Masters championships on March 31st.
A total of 25 GT3s will compete in various racing events across Europe in 2012. Here's a quick overview of what to expect:
- Gemballa Racing and Doerr Motorsport in the German VLN series
- Gemballa Racing and Molitor Racing in the ADAC GT Masters
- Hexis Racing in the FIA GT1 World Championship
- Apex Motorsport in selected rounds of the British GT championship
- Lapidus Racing in the International GT Open series as well as 24 endurance races at Spa-Francorchamps and Circuit de Catalunya
Additionally, an MP4-12C GT3 will be used as a safety car at the FIA GT1 World Championship race in France on April 8-9th.
According to McLaren GT Project Manager Andrew Kirkaldy, "I'm excited that we are so close to seeing the 12C GT3 in its first full race season. The feedback I have received from customers that have already taken delivery of the car is very positive."
Check out the press release for additional information