After logging more than 35,000 miles in prototypes, McLaren has announced their MP4-12C GT3 is ready celebrate its competitive racing debut at the VLN and ADAC GT Masters championships on March 31st.
A total of 25 GT3s will compete in various racing events across Europe in 2012. Here's a quick overview of what to expect:
- Gemballa Racing and Doerr Motorsport in the German VLN series
- Gemballa Racing and Molitor Racing in the ADAC GT Masters
- Hexis Racing in the FIA GT1 World Championship
- Apex Motorsport in selected rounds of the British GT championship
- Lapidus Racing in the International GT Open series as well as 24 endurance races at Spa-Francorchamps and Circuit de Catalunya
Additionally, an MP4-12C GT3 will be used as a safety car at the FIA GT1 World Championship race in France on April 8-9th.
According to McLaren GT Project Manager Andrew Kirkaldy, "I'm excited that we are so close to seeing the 12C GT3 in its first full race season. The feedback I have received from customers that have already taken delivery of the car is very positive."
Check out the press release for additional information