Lego has just announced the newest addition to its Creator vehicle series: a 1967 Ford Mustang. This new set, available to purchase on March 1 for $149.99, comes with 1,471 pieces and a few surprises that improve its playability.
The base car you build is a gorgeous first-generation 'Stang in dark blue with white racing stripes that look spot-on for what we'd expect to see on a Shelby, but curiously, this kit features no such Shelby branding. It features period correct details recreated in brick form, such as a hood scoop, the famous Mustang logo in the grille, and five-spoke wheels on real rubber tires. The interior, trunk, and engine bay are all reproduced in typical Lego detail, and the steering wheel even turns the front wheels.
In addition to the base car, though, Lego will include a number of customizations. The supercharger is the coolest, which replaces the hood scoop and adds untold imaginary horsepower to the V8 engine below. There are also pieces for side-exit exhaust pipes, a rear ducktail spoiler, a chin spoiler, and a nitrous oxide tank located in the trunk. To top it all off, there are risers to adjust the lift of the rear axle and give the Mustang a more menacing stance. So whether you want an accurate representation of a classic Mustang or an over-the-top muscle car monster to play with, this set should satisfy.
Gallery: Lego Creator Ford Mustang Set
Like other Creator vehicle sets before it, this Mustang is large, measuring 13 inches long, 5 inches wide, and 3 inches tall. It will no doubt become an instant classic like the Creator Ferrari F40, Mini Cooper, Volkswagen Beetle, and Aston Martin DB5 before it. We've already got ours pre-ordered.
Build and customize your very own 1960s Ford Mustang!
Discover the magic of an iconic 1960s American muscle car with the LEGO® Creator Ford Mustang, featuring dark-blue bodywork with white racing stripes, bonnet scoop, printed mustang grille badge, GT emblems and 5-spoke rims with road-gripping tires. Developed with input from Ford, this authentic replica comes with optional add-ons for customization, including a selection of license plates, supercharger, rear ducktail spoiler, beefy exhaust pipes, front chin spoiler and a nitrous oxide tank. You can even adjust the lift of the rear axle for an extra-mean look! Remove the roof panel or open the doors and you have access to the detailed interior with handsome seats, radio, working steering and a mid- console gearshift. Store items in the trunk or lift the hood to reveal a detailed big block 390 V8 engine with battery, hoses and air filter detailing. This advanced building set has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience full of nostalgia and makes a great centerpiece for the home or office.
- Authentic replica of a 1960s Ford Mustang featuring dark-blue bodywork with white racing stripes, air scoop, 5-spoke rims with road-gripping tires, and a selection customization add-ons.
- Open the doors or remove the roof panel to access the detailed interior with handsome seats, radio, mid-console gearshift and working steering.
- Open the trunk to store items and lift the hood to reveal a detailed Ford Mustang V8 engine with battery, hoses and air filter.
- Also includes a printed mustang grille badge and 2 GT emblems.
- Customize the Ford Mustang with the included supercharger, rear ducktail spoiler, beefy exhaust
pipes, front chin spoiler and a nitrous oxide tank.
- Choose from a selection of license plates.
- Lift the hood to check out the realistic engine detailing.
- Adjust the lift of the rear axle for a real mean look!
- This Mustang toy car model includes 1,471 pieces and is suitable for ages 16+.
- New-for-March-2019 special elements include 5-spoke rims, 2x8 brick with bow, 1x3 mustang
logo tile, 2x4 bow with ‘GT’ Emblem.
- Measures over 3” (10cm) high, 13” (34cm) long and 5” (14cm) wide.
Available directly from LEGO Stores & shop.LEGO.com from 1st March, 2019