For the 2013 model year Swedish supercar manufacturer Koenigsegg has updated their Agera range with eight new features.
For the 2013 model year Swedish supercar manufacturer Koenigsegg has updated their Agera range with eight new features. Set to debut at the forthcoming Geneva Motor Show Koenigsegg has conveniently outlined the updates, so we'll relay them here:
1. The 2013 Agera R features the world's first hollow, one piece, super light carbon fiber wheel, using a proprietary method developed by Koenigsegg named Aircore Technology. The Aircore wheels save close to 20kg in unsprung mass, while providing great integrity and safety. The only metal part in the wheel is the tire valve - the rest is all one piece hollow carbon.
2. The Agera and the Agera R have the first production engines in the world to use nano-surfaced cylinder sleeves, from ANS, for reduced friction and fuel consumption.
3. New in-house developed engine management system, which provides added functionality whilst still meeting all OBD II regulations.
4. The rev limiter has been raised from 7250rpm to 7500rpm, raising power from 940 to 960hp on 98 Ron (93 din) fuel for the Agera and from 1115 to 1140hp for the Agera R on E85.
5. Koenigsegg reinstates its co-operation with Swedish shock manufacturer Öhlins Racing. Together they productionalized Koenigsegg´s unique Triplex suspension, that becomes standard on the 2013 Agera R.
6. KES (Koenigsegg Electronic Stability) is now standard on all Koenigsegg models.
7. A new, lighter rear exhaust section has been developed for the Agera R, which also improves the performance of the rear diffuser.
8. New front/side winglets for the Agera R provide 20kg more downforce at 250km/h, as well as reduced drag.
Koenigsegg also takes a moment to reminds us of the Agera's hypercar status by providing some specifications to glance:
- 0-300 km/h in 14.53 sec
- 300-0 km/h in 6.66 sec
- 0-200 mph in 17.68 sec
- 200-0 mph in 7.28 sec
- A top speed of approximately 440 km/h - 273 mph (yet to be verified)
- 1.6 G - Maximum lateral force on normal road tires (dedicated Michelin SuperSport)
- 1.2 kg/hp - 2.6 pounds/hp
- The Agera is the only Roadster Hypercar with a detachable and stowable hardtop
- 120 litres of luggage space
- Available in left or right hand drive