Ferrari has cancelled the launch of its 2012 car. The famous Italian team had already said the scheduled track debut of the new single seater on Friday appeared unlikely, due to heavy snowfall at Ma...
The famous Italian team had already said the scheduled track debut of the new single seater on Friday appeared unlikely, due to heavy snowfall at Maranello.
Work, however, had continued on the structures for the official launch of the car at the Fiorano test circuit.
In the meantime, the snow has continued to fall.
"Therefore, the decision has been taken to cancel the presentation ceremony for the new car, which was to have taken place at 10.30 tomorrow," said Ferrari on Thursday.
"The decision was taken because of the weather conditions and because of the difficulties that would have faced the 300 or so people due to attend from the team partners, the authorities and representatives of the media in their attempts to get to Maranello," the team added in a statement.
Ferrari will instead reveal photos, technical information and interviews on its website.