Hennessey Performance has announced their intention to bring the McLaren MP4-12C to a higher level of performance with their HPE800 Twin Turbo engine upgrade kit.
Hennessey Performance has announced their intention to bring the McLaren MP4-12C to a higher level of performance with their HPE800 Twin Turbo engine upgrade kit. The Texas-based tuning company promises the HPE800 kit will deliver over 800 bhp (597 kW / 811 PS) comparared to the factory 600 bhp (447 kW / 608 PS).
As you can see in the preview renderings, an aero body package will help keep the car planted to the road at speed. Made of carbon fiber, the body kit includes a center-positioned front air inlet with hood extractor. This new design creates more space for larger intercoolers and a transmission cooler.
"We've been taking fast cars and have been making them faster for over twenty years," said company founder and president John Hennessey. "I spent a lot of time around the new 12C at the 2011 Goodwood Festival of Speed and was very impressed. We're excited to have the opportunity to take a great car and give it our own special performance touch while giving 12C owners a uniquely aggressive appearance".
HPE has no plans to upgrade the suspension or brake system as they have determined the factory systems to be subtantial in their own right and difficult to improve. Upgrades will be available as an entire package or by individual components.
No pricing has been set yet.
HPE800 Twin Turbo Upgrade Includes:
- Upgraded intercooler system
- Upgraded air intake system
- Upgraded ball-bearing turbochargers
- Hennessey titanium exhaust system
- External wastegates
- External blow-off valves
- Upgraded fuel and engine management system
- Upgraded transmission cooler
- Upgraded transmission clutch system
- Custom dyno-tuned engine calibration
- Hennessey Warranty
Other Upgrades Include:
- Hennessey CarbonAero body upgrade
- Hennessey Monoblock wheels
- Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires
- Hennessey custom interior upgrades including carbon fiber, Alcantara and leathers