Robert Kubica is set to move to Renault to replace the Ferrari bound Fernando Alonso in 2010, according to the French daily Le Figaro.

Robert Kubica is set to move to Renault to replace the Ferrari bound Fernando Alonso in 2010, according to the French daily Le Figaro.

The Enstone based team has announced it will reveal the identity of Alonso's replacement this week, and at Suzuka last weekend acting boss Bob Bell confirmed Renault's interest in the 24-year-old Pole.

We have reported that a press release will be issued either on Tuesday or Wednesday.

At the time of the publication of the Le Figaro report, the newspaper said the last obstacle to Kubica's deal was the confirmation of his existing team BMW-Sauber.

It is understood Kubica had a contract to remain with the Hinwil based team next year, but that the German carmaker BMW's withdrawal as owner may have rendered it void.

Asked if he is legally entitled to leave Sauber, he told reporters in Japan last week: "If I was not free I wouldn't be talking with other teams."

 

 

Be part of something big

Renault set to confirm Kubica deal