The small Italian crossover wants to lure you in with its newly gained black design accents.
In an attempt to make the 500X a bit more appealing in the United States, Fiat has decided to roll out a styling package tailored exclusively to the rugged and best-selling Trekking trim. It costs $845 on both front- and all-wheel-drive versions of the city-oriented crossover and can be visually distinguished thanks to a black finish applied onto the side mirror caps, door handles, and also around the headlights and taillights.
The dark theme continues with the 18-inch alloy wheels finished in matte black, roof rails, liftgate bezel, and both front and rear fascias. You can have the petite CUV in one of the four following colors: Blue Sky Metallic, Grigio Graphite, Nero Cinema, and Bianco Gelato. Regardless of the one you go for, the Urbana Edition features copper accents on the wheel’s center cap as well as on the “500X” logo applied onto the sill moldings.
It’s the same story on the inside where the black + copper combo continues with a dark fabric upholstery adorned by the “500” copper logos. There’s a black textured instrument panel – also with a copper “500” logo - and more black accents on the center console, vent bezels, and radio.
If you’re on a spending mood, the 500X Urbana Edition can be had with a number of optional goodies, including a Beats premium sound system and a panoramic sunroof for an extra $995. Should you be willing to reach deeper into your pockets, a cold weather package adds $450 to the final bill, 6.5-inch Uconnect infotainment is $875, and the $995 Popular Equipment Package bundles a rear camera with dual-zone climate control.
The most expensive option would have to be the $1,295 Advanced Safety Package adding automatic high-beam headlights and wipers, blind spot, forward collision warning, lane departure warning, and other safety kit.
Fiat will have the 500X Urbana Edition on sale in this fall in the U.S. where the standard Trekking kicks off at $23,350 in FWD guise and from $25,250 for the AWD model without taking into account the destination fees.
Fiat 500X Urbana Edition
FIAT BRAND INTRODUCES NEW 500X URBANA EDITION
- 2017 Fiat 500X Urbana Edition offers a unique, urban look with Miron (Metallic Iron) black-painted exterior and interior elements with copper accents
- Available in four colors: Grigio Graphite (Graphite Gray), Blue Sky Metallic, Bianco Gelato (White Clear Coat) and Nero Cinema (Black Clear Coat)
- 500X Urbana Edition starts at $24,195 U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP)
- 500X Urbana Edition will be available in FIAT studios this fall
- Italian-designed, fun-to-drive 2017 Fiat 500X lineup starts at $19,995 U.S. MSRP and is available in three models – Pop, Trekking and Lounge
“The Fiat 500X combines iconic Italian style with functionality, performance and all-wheel-drive confidence,” said Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Car Brands – Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and FIAT, FCA – North America. “The new Fiat 500X Urbana Edition takes our top-selling Trekking trim, best known for its rugged exterior and interior appearance, and adds unique content with black and copper accents to create a fresh new personality option for our customers.”
Based on the Fiat 500X Trekking model, the 500X Urbana Edition features Miron black-painted mirror caps, door handles, tail-lamp surrounds, liftgate bezel, fascias, and sill moldings with copper-accented 500X logo. The 18-inch matte black and Miron wheels are also accented with a copper center cap. In addition, black side roof rails and dark headlamp surrounds add to the 500X Urbana Edition’s head-turning appearance.
Inside, the 500X Urbana Edition features unique seats with black Castiglio chevron-patterned fabric and copper embroidered 500 logos, a black textured instrument panel with a copper 500 logo, a black-painted center console, and Miron-painted radio and vent bezels.
The Urbana Edition package is available for $845 on both front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive 2017 500X Trekking models, which start at $23,350 and $25,250 U.S. MSRP, respectively, excluding destination. Other options and packages may be added to the 500X Urbana Edition, including:
- Advanced Safety Package ($1,295; featuring auto high-beam headlamps, Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection systems, Full-speed Forward Collision Warning-Plus, LaneSense Lane Departure Warning-Plus, ParkSense Rear Park Assist and rain-sensitive windshield wipers)
- Popular Equipment Package ($995; includes Parkview rear backup camera and automatic temperature control air conditioning with dual-zone controls)
- Dual-pane panoramic sunroof and Beats premium audio system ($995)
- Uconnect 6.5 with navigation ($875)
- Cold Weather Package ($450)
The Fiat 500X Urbana Edition will be arriving in FIAT studios this fall.