Prices start at $56,490.
This year, Chevrolet celebrates 65 years since the launch of the original Corvette. More than six decades later, it’s time for the next chapter in the model’s history – the introduction of the 2018 Corvette.
Available as a coupe or a convertible, the sports car gets several new standard features, including 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels derived from the Z51 package and replacing the current 18-inch and 19-inch wheels. Customers will be able to choose from five new alloy options.
Some of the other new goodies include the Magnetic Ride Control, now offered as a standalone option, an HD digital radio, an improved rear-view camera, and a head-up display with enhanced rotation settings.
As far as the color schemes are concerned, the exterior can be now finished in Ceramic Matrix Gray, which replaces the Sterling Blue in the exterior color palette. The convertible model gets Spice Red top and the same color can be ordered for the interior of the 3LT and 3LZ trims.
Standard safety equipment features four airbags, four-channel ABS system, the Active Handling system with electronic stability control, and tire pressure monitor with run-flat tires. If you are a fan of infotainment technologies and enjoy cabin comfort, you’ll be delighted to hear the refreshed Corvette comes with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone projection capability, OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot and 3GB/three-month trial, keyless open and engine start, fancy Bose 10-speaker audio system with bass box for the 2LT and 3LT trims, and heated and ventilated leather-trimmed seats for the same models. Dual-zone automatic climate control is standard on all models.
Prices for the 2018 Corvette start at $56,490 for the Coupe and $60,490 for the Convertible, while models fitted with the Z51 packages will be available at $61,490 and $65,490 respectively for the Coupe and Convertible. Chevrolet says a Corvette Museum delivery is available at an extra cost.
Gallery: 2018 Chevrolet Corvette
2018 CORVETTE STINGRAY
Corvette marks 65 years of production in 2018. Only 300 were built in 1953, each of them Polo White with a red interior.
$61,490 Coupe with Z51
$65,490 Convertible with Z51
EPA VEHICLE CLASS
Coupe with removable roof panel or Convertible
NEW FOR 2018
- Standard 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels. Derived from the Z51 package, they replace the previous 18-inch/19-inch standard wheels
- Five new wheel options, including Torque and Motorsport designs
- Magnetic Ride Control offered as a stand-alone option
- Revised interior color breakup on 2LT trim includes instrument panel color
- HD digital radio standard
- Available Performance Data Recorder/Cosworth Toolbox offers four additional data channels: individual wheel speeds, individual suspension displacements, yaw rate and intake and ambient air temperatures
- Improved rear-view camera image
- Enhanced Head-Up Display rotation setting
- Ceramic Matrix Gray replaces Sterling Blue in the exterior color palette
- Spice Red convertible top
- Spice Red interior offered on 3LT and 3LZ trims
- Jet Black sueded-wrapped interior includes carbon rim steering wheel and gloss carbon fiber interior trim
- New interior color stitching packages (Red/ yellow / new blue) offered on 3LT and 3LZ trims
- Offered in 1LT, 2LT and 3LT trims
- Lightweight materials, including an aluminum frame; carbon fiber hood and removable roof panel; composite fenders, doors and rear quarter panels; carbon-nano composite underbody panels contribute to optimal 50/50 weight balance
- Five-position Drive Mode Selector that tailors 12 vehicle attributes to fit the driver’s environment
- Interior that offers genuine carbon fiber and aluminum trim, hand-wrapped leather materials and dual eight-inch configurable, high-definition color driver/infotainment screens
- Available Z51 Performance Package with specific, brakes, cooling, suspension, electronic limited-slip differential, gearing, dry-sump oil system, performance exhaust and aero package
- Available Magnetic Selective Ride Control
- Available Performance Data Recorder – or PDR – enables users to record high-definition video, with telemetry overlays, of their driving experiences on and off the track
- Chevrolet MyLink with 8-inch-diagonal color touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone projection capability
- OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot (3GB/three-month trial)
- Keyless open and start
- Curb-view cameras included on 2LT and 3LT trims
- Head-up display included on 2LT and 3LT trims
- Bose 10-speaker audio system with bass box included on 2LT and 3LT trims
- Heated and ventilated leather-trimmed seats are included on 2LT and 3LT trims
- Leather wrapped interior wirh sueded upper interior trim included on 3LT
- Standard dual-zone automatic climate control
- Available Competition Sport seats
- Corvette Museum delivery is available
- Four standard air bags, including side-impact air bags
- Four-wheel disc brakes with four-channel ABS
- Active Handling with electronic stability control
- Safety belt pretensioners
- Rear-vision camera
- Tire pressure monitoring with run-flat tires