Jag's new crossover will officially debut on Thursday, July 13.
Jaguar's second crossover, the E-Pace, will arrive in early 2018. And considering the market's appetite for utility vehicles, it can't come soon enough. Consider the larger F-Pace – in its first year of sales, it outsold every other Jaguar model. So with a starting price below $40,000, the smaller E-Pace should only help Jaguar gain even more momentum in the luxury space.
This teaser image is all we have to go on right now, Jaguar simply stating that the E-Pace "features standard all-wheel drive technology and an all-Ingenium line-up of petrol engines, as well as a suite of connected technology and convenience features." The E-Pace will start at $38,600, which is almost $3,500 less than an F-Pace.
In terms of size, the E-Pace will be smaller than the F-Pace – think BMW X1 compared to X3 – and Jaguar's design director, Ian Callum, says "the combination of sports car looks with Jaguar performance will ensure that the E-Pace stands out." From this profile view, we can clearly see influence from both the F-Pace and F-Type sports car, and the size looks to be similar to that of the I-Pace that debuted in Los Angeles last year.
Speaking of I-Pace, that's still coming. Jaguar says the all-electric crossover will go into production sometime in 2018 as the brand's third utility vehicle – and it might be quicker than a Tesla.
We'll have the full 2018 Jaguar E-Pace details and photos in a couple of weeks; the new crossover will officially debut on Thursday, July 13. In the meantime, have a look at Jaguar's full press blast, below, for more information.
Gallery: 2018 Jaguar E-Pace Teaser
JAGUAR ANNOUNCES A NEW COMPACT PERFORMANCE SUV, THE ALL-NEW JAGUAR E-PACE WILL JOIN THE LINEUP IN 2018
- The Jaguar E-PACE combines sports car design and agility with every-day compact SUV practicality
- Joins Jaguar family of ‘PACE’ SUVs alongside the World Car of the Year-winning Jaguar F-PACE and future all-electric Jaguar I-PACE
- On sale beginning early 2018; priced from $38,600(1)
- World premiere of the Jaguar E-PACE will be streamed online on July 13, 2017
- Visit www.jaguarusa.com to sign up for further information in the lead-up to the reveal
(MAHWAH, N.J.) – June 20, 2017 – Today, Jaguar announces a new compact performance SUV, the Jaguar E-PACE, will expand the Jaguar model lineup as the 2nd performance SUV in the ‘PACE’ line-up.
The E-PACE will be the third new Jaguar nameplate recently added to the Jaguar model portfolio following the introduction of the Jaguar XE sports sedan and Jaguar F-PACE performance SUV which have contributed to a 44 percent sales growth for the Jaguar brand in the U.S. through May 2017, and the all-electric I-PACE Concept which will go into production in 2018.
Ian Callum, Director of Design, Jaguar, said, “The combination of sports car looks with Jaguar performance will ensure that the E-PACE stands out. Every Jaguar is designed to excite the senses, and we think E-PACE will do just that, albeit with its own individual character.”
The Jaguar E-PACE features standard all-wheel drive technology and an all-Ingenium line-up of petrol engines, as well as a suite of connected technology and convenience features.
The compact performance SUV will be revealed to the world on July 13, 2017.
(1) All prices shown are Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes $995 destination/handling charge, tax, title, license, and retailer fees, all due at signing, and optional equipment. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your local authorized Jaguar Retailer for details.