NEW FORD FOCUS RS OPTION PACK DELIVERS EVEN MORE FUN TO DRIVE EXPERIENCE
- New Ford Focus RS Option Pack to deliver enhanced driving experience with mechanical limited-slip differential
- Exclusive new pack delivers unique styling, including matte black roof and black mirrors for Nitrous Blue exterior, and two-tone seat Recaro shell seats
- Focus RS Option Pack developed by award-winning Ford Performance team, now led in Europe by Leo Roeks in the newly created position of Ford Performance Director
Ford today revealed an exclusive new Option Pack for the multi-award-winning Focus RS that will deliver even more traction and driving appeal for performance driving enthusiasts, using a mechanical limited-slip differential (LSD).
The Focus RS Option Pack will also feature unique styling, including the Focus RS signature Nitrous Blue body colour with striking black exterior details, and a two-tone seat execution.
The Focus RS Option Pack is the latest offering from Ford Performance, who recently showcased their latest line-up at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show. Confirming their commitment to Ford Performance in Europe, Ford has appointed Leo Roeks in the newly created position of Ford Performance Director, Europe.
“Our new Focus RS Option Pack represents accessible performance at its finest,” Roeks said. “Improving on the class-leading driving dynamics of the Focus RS was no small task – but our Ford Performance engineers have delivered a drivetrain capable of wringing every drop of performance from the 350 PS EcoBoost engine.”
A tight grip on performance
Developed by Ford Performance engineers and evaluated at locations across the globe the Focus RS Option Pack further improves the high-performance hatchback’s class-leading traction and responsiveness using a Quaife LSD for the front axle.
The mechanical LSD limits the engine torque delivered to a wheel that has reduced traction on the road surface, and redistributes torque to the wheel with more traction to counteract the wheelspin that can hamper acceleration and stability.
By controlling the torque delivered to each front wheel, the Focus RS Option Pack’s Quaife LSD enables drivers to more fully exploit the 350 PS 2.3-litre EcoBoost engine’s power in high performance driving situations, and seamlessly integrates with Focus RS driving technologies delivered as standard, including:
- Ford Performance All Wheel Drive, which varies the front-to-rear torque distribution to suit the current driving situation – monitoring inputs from vehicle sensors 100 times per second and sending a maximum of 70 per cent of the drive torque to the rear axle
- Dynamic Torque Vectoring – which uses electronically-controlled clutch packs on the rear axle to send up to 100 per cent of the available torque to either rear wheel, and can switch drive from one side to the other in as little as 0.06 seconds
- Torque Vectoring Control (TVC) – which automatically applies small amounts of brake force to limit wheelspin at the front axle
“For hardcore driving enthusiasts, the additional mechanical grip offered by the Quaife LSD will make it even easier to carry speed through a corner on the track, and maximise acceleration on the way out. The new setup also delivers greater mechanical stability and control when braking hard, and will help drivers set the car up for power-slides using Drift Mode,” Roeks said. “The Focus RS Option Pack takes our ‘fun to drive’ philosophy to a new level for an everyday road car.”
The Focus RS Option Pack delivers Drive Modes that include the industry-first Drift Mode for controlled oversteer drifts under circuit conditions; Launch Control for ultimate performance off the start-line; and 4.7 second 0-100 km/h (0‑62 mph) acceleration.
The bold and dynamic style of the Focus RS Option Pack delivers unique details for the signature Nitrous Blue exterior, including matte black roof and mirror caps. The rear roof spoiler also features a matter black finish, with blue RS logos on the spoiler side wings.
Also standard are:
- Low-gloss black 19-inch forged alloy wheels with RS centre caps – offering enhanced strength and impact resistance
- Brembo four-piston monoblock callipers finished in distinctive RS blue with a Brembo logo
- Recaro shell seats with exclusive Nitrous Blue leather applications
The new Focus RS Option Pack is developed by the multi-award winning Ford Performance team, now led in Europe by Leo Roeks.
“It’s a privilege to lead the acclaimed Ford Performance team in Europe,” Roeks said. “Ford’s performance model line-up has never been stronger and that’s reflected in customer appetites for our cars – we sold 60 per cent more Ford Performance vehicles in Europe last year than in 2015.”
The Ford Performance range in Europe includes the all-new Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Focus RS and the Ford GT ultra-high-performance supercar.