Deliveries to regular customers start in January 2018.
The new President of the French Republic, Emmanuel Macron, will use the all-new DS 7 Crossback as his ceremonial vehicle. The model was introduced two months ago and was driven for the first time in public on the official inauguration ceremony seven months before its launch.
Of course, this is not just a regular example of the crossover. It features a custom-made opening roof, French Republic signature badging, and a Tricolor flag holder. Finished in Ink Blue, it has a matching Black Art leather interior named “Opera Inspiration” after a district of Paris, and 20-inch alloy wheels with special finish.
There’s no information regarding the powertrain of the car, but DS Automobiles says in many aspects it is equipped with technologies that will be also offered to regular customers starting in January 2018. These include the DS Connected Pilot, “paving the way for autonomous driving,” and DS Actove Scan Suspension, “the 21st century DS suspension system,” which uses a camera to anticipate any bumps and undulations in the road surface.
Emmanuel Macron, the youngest President of the French Repulic since Napoleon Bonaparte, won’t be the first to use DS as a presidential car. General Charles de Gaulle in the 1960s, Claude Pompidou in the early 1970s, and their successors Giscard d’Estaing, François Mitterand, and Jacques Chirac in 1995 were all riding different Citroen/DS models from the past.
The presidential car will be displayed from May 16 at the DS World in Paris. As for the production DS 7 Crossback, it will go on sale in the first days of 2018 and will be offered with a new hybrid system delivering 300 horsepower (223 kilowatts). In this configuration, the crossover can travel up to 37 miles (59 kilometers) on purely electric energy.
Source: DS Automobiles
Presidential DS 7 Crossback
- DS7 CROSSBACK is the vehicle of choice in ceremonial duties for inauguration of new French President Emmanuel Macron
- Specially-personalised DS 7 CROSSBACK has an opening roof so the President can greet the French crowd on the Champs-Elysées
- DS has strong provenance having been the vehicle of choice on previous inauguration occasions
- French president’s inauguration DS 7 CROSSBACK vehicle is being displayed at DS World Paris
For his first journey as President of the French Republic, Emmanuel Macron chose to ride in the all-new DS 7 CROSSBACK, the very latest model of DS Automobiles that was revealed just two months ago. This ‘Presidential’ DS 7 CROSSBACK has been specially-personalised with an opening roof so the President can greet the French crowd on the Champs-Elysées.
The DS brand is proud that DS 7 CROSSBACK is the inauguration’s car of the new French President and that DS 7 CROSSBACK is driven for the first time in public on an official ceremony just few months before its launch. With this historical moment, the DS brand, whose ambition is to embody both French know-how and innovation in the automotive industry, is pursuing the tradition of being the official car manufacturer of the French presidency. DS models are emblematic and have historical provenance, having been used many times on similar symbolic occasions with the 5th Republic.
The ‘Presidential ‘ DS 7 CROSSBACK will be proudly-displayed at DS WORLD Paris, located at 33 François 1e street in Paris, soon after its ceremonial duties from Tuesday 16 May for public visitors, and ahead of that day for press/media from Monday, 15 May.
‘Presidential DS 7 CROSSBACK‘ - details in brief
- The very first DS 7 CROSSBACK on the public roads : DS engineers and craftsmen worked on this unique Presidential car, 7 months before its public launch (first deliveries start in January 2018)
- Distinguished in a sumptuous Ink Blue paint finish, it features a custom- made opening roof, French Republic signature badging and a Tricolour flag holder
- The ‘Black Art’ Leather interior (named ‘Opera Inspiration’ after a district of Paris) is revised by a French creation (‘Toile de Laque’ is tailored and created by a craftsman recognised for their expertise and know-how in the specialism of decorative gilding: Atelier Maury)
- The 20 inch wheels are personalised with finely-created golden attention-to-detail features
- Most of highly-technical features of the DS 7 CROSSBACK feature some of the new items that will become available with this vehicle: DS CONNECTED PILOT, paving the way for autonomous driving, DS ACTIVE SCAN SUSPENSION, the 21st century DS suspension system, which uses a camera to anticipate any bumps and undulations in the road surface to ensure the President and future occupants of this vehicle can enjoy a serene ride experience.