The special edition made its debut at Auto Shanghai.
At Auto Shanghai in China, alongside the handsome Concept A sedan and the lovely new S-Class, another member of the Daimler family, Smart, has once again unveiled a special trim for its ForFour sedan. It’s dubbed the ForFour Crosstown Edition, and it gains a much more rugged look over its city-friendly siblings. It made its debut earlier in the year in Geneva.
The special edition can be distinguished by its Graphite Grey exterior – though it’s available in a range of color options – black trodden safety cell, and 16-inch black alloy wheels. A set of H4 halogen headlamps and integral LED fiber-optic daytime driving lights also give it a more distinctive look. But most interestingly, it comes with "special detachable parts" that can be removed or added for use in off-road conditions, providing added reliability.
Power comes from the same 0.9-liter 90-horsepower (66 kilowatt) engine paired to a five-speed manual transmission or a six-speed dual-clutch option. A sport suspension lowers the ride height by 0.4 inches (10 millimeters), the tailpipe sees a chrome-plated trim, while interior features like a leather-wrapped three-spoke steering wheel, and brushed stainless steel pedals finish off the package.
Smart doesn’t say how many of the ForFour Crosstown Editions will be available when it goes on sale. Orders are expected to begin in July, with delivers commencing later in the year. The ForFour Crosstown pairs with a special Brabus ForTwo Edition #2 (pictured in the gallery below), which will be produced in limited quantities of just 100 units, and combine a similar "Cool Silver" paint job to a set of 16-inch wheels finished in Matt Anthracite from Brabus’ catalog. Both cars will go on sale this summer.
Smart ForTwo Cabrio Brabus Edition #2 and ForFour Crosstown Edition
Stuttgart/Shanghai. Plenty of space and a cool look define the smart forfour crosstown edition, a crossover model that is ideal for the city. The special outdoor look includes special detachable parts in underride guard-look at front and rear and striking side skirts.
The crosstown edition will come in various exterior colours – the world premiere in Geneva featured a model in graphite grey with a black tridion safety cell, powered by the 66 kW (90 hp) engine with five-speed manual transmission (fuel consumption, combined: 4.3 l/100 km. CO2 emissions, combined: 99 g/km). A broad range of equipment and appointments is on board as standard, including:
- Urban Style package in conjunction with R95 rim: 40.6 cm (16‑inch) 8‑Y-spoke alloy wheels painted in black, fitted with 185/50 R 16 tyres at the front and 205/45 R 16 tyres at the rear, wheel arch liners with smart lettering, sports suspension lowering the vehicle by 10 mm, exhaust system with chrome-plated tailpipe trim, 3-spoke multifunction sports steering wheel in leather with grey topstitching, sports pedals in brushed stainless steel with rubber studs
- Cool & Audio package: smart Audio-System with AUX/USB interface, Bluetooth interface with hands-free system, audio streaming for music transfer, automatic climate control
- LED & Sensor package: H4 halogen headlamps with welcome function, integral LED fibre-optic daytime driving lights and LED tail lamps, fog lamps with cornering light, rain and light sensor
- Stowage Space package: Lockable glove compartment, stowage net on centre console in front passenger footwell, retaining strap for securing items on the front passenger seat
- Heat-insulating, dark-tinted glass for rear side windows and rear window
- 35-litre tank
smart BRABUS tailor made
"Anything is possible" is the motto of the smart BRABUS tailor made individualisation programme. With paint finishes in thousands of different colours, leather in many basic colours and the sporty tailor made exterior style package, creative customers can configure a smart in line with their own personal ideas.
At the Auto Shanghai, one customised smart fortwo coupé and three smart fortwo cabrios provide an idea of the virtually endless scope of individualisation options available from smart BRABUS tailor made.