Mark Webber has set a firm date for his return to the formula one cockpit.

Mark Webber has set a firm date for his return to the formula one cockpit.

The Australian, still recovering from a badly broken right leg sustained in a cycling crash late last year, told the BBC's Radio Five Live that he is scheduled to drive the new Red Bull on February 11.

That is two days after the Renault-powered RB5 makes its track debut at Spain's Jerez circuit.

"I'm going to have a crack at driving the car on February 11, and then we'll see how that goes," the 32-year-old said.

"If it goes really well, I'll be back in on February 13."

If Webber's rehabilitation has gone to plan, he will then test at Red Bull's subsequent three pre-season tests - at Jerez, Valencia and finally Barcelona - prior to heading to Melbourne for the first race of 2009.

He is still using crutches but believes he will be fit enough to drive in three weeks.

"It won't affect how I drive my car," Webber insisted. "It affects my conditioning -- I need a little bit more preparation, but by the time I get to Melbourne I should be in really good nick again."