When a man of Carrol Shelby's stature in the automotive industry reaches the grand old young age of 85, there is little more Shelby Automobiles can do to celebrate other than recreate the iconic GT40 with a new 85th commemorative version.
When a man of Carrol Shelby's stature in the automotive industry reaches the grand
old young age of 85, there is little more Shelby Automobiles can do to celebrate other than recreate the iconic GT40 with a new 85th commemorative version.
The new MKII GT40 will stay true to the original version featuring the original styling inside and out and comes as a rolling chassis built to accommodate any shelby branded engine which could include the top of the line 427FE V8. Unfortunately as this vehicle is only a rolling chassis, no specs have been released.
Available in three different colors: Arcadian Blue with whites stripes, black with silver stripes and red with white stripes, the MKII GT40 will be limited to a production of 85 units in each color.
A race version will also be made available with extra features including a roll bar, fuel cell and A/C delete, see below for a list of some of the commemorative features on all versions.
- Record sale into the Shelby Registry
- Shelby MSO and dash plaque
- Carroll Shelby engraved door handles
- Carroll Shelby etched left and right front headlight covers
- Roundels with 85 number decals
- Leather seating
- Hood wind diffusers
- CS GT40® numbered plaque
- CS GT40® side sill graphics
- Carroll Shelby signature floor and sill mats
- 85th Commemorative hood badge
- 85th Special Edition decal
- Available in right and left hand drive
Check out the press release below or me details are click here for the huge 49 image photo album.