As the first in a series of models, the door less roadster named, ERA, will be making its rounds at major international Motor shows in the future.
Celebrating their 30th anniversary, the Turin based design firm I.DE.A Institute has revealed live model photos of its new show car. As the first in a series of models, the door less roadster named, ERA, will be making its rounds at major international motor shows in the future.
Designed by a team of young designers, the ERA, which is "based on instinctive drawings of shapes for the sake of beauty", focuses on smooth flowing curves that provide an elegant yet powerful appearance. The interior displays a simple minimalist tubular structure which expresses its sporting nature.
In addition to marking three decades of providing design, engineering and prototyping services for the world’s major vehicle manufacturers, I.DE.A Institute also uses the occasion to mark the beginning of a new brand identity as it seeks to attract more “design to cost” accounts both domestically and abroad. In addition to its Headquarters in Turin, the company has built up an international network with facilities in China (Shanghai), France (Paris) and Romania (Pitesti), with an engineering team based in India and the planned branch in Brazil. Expect to hear more from this design house in the near future.
Technical specifications foreseen for ERA
- Length : 4300 mm
- Width : 1840 mm
- Height : 920 mm
- Wheelbase : 2560 mm
- Existing monocoque chassis M2 segment
- Front engine 4/6 cylinders with 2 possible solutions:
- Transverse engine for front-wheel drive version
- Longitudinal engine for rear -wheel drive version
- Possible horsepower up to 300 HP
- Gearbox : manual/sequential 5/6 gears.
- Fuel tank in central position
- Passengers : 2 seats
- Front : independent in wheel double triangle
- Rear : independent in wheel double square
- Power-assisted ventilated front/rear discs
- Alloy Wheels (front/rear) : 19 * 8,5
- Tyres : 245/40 R19
- Kerb weight : from 1500 to 2000 Kg