The famed supercar tuner tackled the MC12 on numerous occasions in the past including the 755hp MC12 Corsa, 800hp MC12 XX and the 700hp MC12 R therefore it comes as no shock to see yet another version which it being labelled as just a plain old MC12 this
Following on from Edo Competition's Enzo Ferrari we reported on yesterday, we can now bring you the Maserati MC12. The famed supercar tuner has tackled the MC12 on numerous occasions in the past including the 755hp MC12 Corsa, 800hp MC12 XX and the 700hp MC12 R therefore it comes as no shock to see yet another version which it being labelled as just a plain old MC12 this time.
The factory MC12 is based on the same chassis as the Ferrari Enzo but due to the extra weight the Maserati version is carrying, performance figures come in slightly lower than the prancing horse version. Edo looks to change this in their version by reducing the MC12's dry weight by 100kg whilst boosting the engine output up to 700hp bringing the performance figures up to the same level as the Edo Enzo with a 0-100km/h time of 3.5seconds and a top speed of 370km/h.
The FXX once again provides the inspiration for the MC12, but whereas the Edo where clever enough to leave the Enzo styling alone, the MC12 does benefit from a few exterior modifcations including a new livery and headlight covers.
- Engine V12
- Power est. 700 hp (514 kW) at 8200 rpm
- Max. torque est. 715 Nm (527 ft-lb) at 5800 rpm
- Top speed > 370 km/h (230 mph)
- 0 – 100 km/h (0 – 62 mph) est. 3.5s
- 0 – 200 km/h (0 – 124 mph) est. 9.5s
- 0 – 300 km/h (0 – 186 mph) est. 22.0s
- Power increase of 70 horsepower thanks to new exhaust headers like on the Ferrari FXX, highflow catalytic converter, performance muffler, modified intake system, new carbon fiber airbox like on the Maserati MC12 Corsa, high-flow air filters and ECU recalibration
- Stainless steel muffler with adjustable remote-controlled butterfly-valve, new exhaust tips
- Exhaust sound level adjustable at the push of a button
- High-performance ceramic composite brake system with 396 mm (15.6 in.) front rotors and 360 mm (14.2in.) rear rotors, special brake pads front and rear
- Wheels can be custom-painted on request
- Tire pressure monitoring system displaying air pressure and tire temperature for each wheel
- Makrolon headlight covers
- Appearance modifications, for example different exterior color
- Sport suspension for the road with adjustable compression and rebound damping like on the FIA GT MC12. Nose lift functionality is retained.
- Air intakes in carbon fiber
- Weight reduction of 100 kg (220 lb)!!
- Special lightweight wheels with Michelin tires: front: 10 x 19 with 265/35 ZR 19 and rear: 13 x 20 with 335/30 ZR 20
- New high-performance clutch. Extremely lightweight. Two different friction compounds selectable (strada/pista)
- New rear wing, adjustable
- New transmission control unit. Same shift times as on the Maserati MC12 Corsa