Hyundai has teamed up with Gurnade Inc. to create a SEMA-bound Veloster worth gawking over.
Hyundai has a habit of pulling out all the stops when it comes to SEMA. Remember the 500-horsepower Genesis coupe that was on display last year? What about the 700-horsepower Tucson? Continuing to make its presence felt in Sin City, the company is teasing an aggressive Gurnade Veloster Concept for this year's show.
Together with Gurnade Inc., the automaker has managed to come up with a Veloster that would make most supercars blush. “Gurnade has always been drawn to the uniquely aggressive lines of the production Veloster,” said Joshua Cloud, owner of Gurnade, Inc. “So when Hyundai approached us with the opportunity to develop one of their vehicles for SEMA, we didn’t hesitate to create the Gurnade Veloster Concept."
Massively flared fenders and an aggressive body kit are just the starting point. Deep dish copper wheels, custom headlamps and fog lamps created by Cappelleti Design, a carbon fiber hood and hatch, and a Magic Magenta paint job PPG Refinish accent the package. Not to mention the addition of a hearty rear wing.
Under the hood, the standard four-cylinder engine has been heavily modified — though, Hyundai hasn't given us a horsepower figure just yet. An 845 Motorsports intercooler, downpipe, and cold-air intake come together with an 845 Motorsports ECU tune, a Synapse blow-off valve, and an ARK Performance cat-back exhaust. Tack on a NEO Motorsport coil-over suspension and six-piston big brake kit, and this Veloster is ready to tackle the track... or your local tuner meet.
Inside, things like Cobra Nogaro racing seats and Takata racing harnesses have been added, along with a roll cage and a SoCal Garage Works carbon-fiber steering wheels, just to name a few. The entire package will be on display at the Las Vegas Convention Center for SEMA in November.
Hyundai Motor America and Gurnade Inc. combined talents to develop the race-ready Gurnade Veloster Concept for the 2016 SEMA show. The Gurnade Veloster Concept takes the fundamentally-aggressive stance of the Veloster and magnifies it further with integrated flares, front splitter, racing canards, three-piece lightweight forged wheels and a custom rear spoiler.
“Gurnade has always been drawn to the uniquely aggressive lines of the production Veloster,” said Joshua Cloud, owner of Gurnade, Inc. “So when Hyundai approached us with the opportunity to develop one of their vehicles for SEMA, we didn’t hesitate to create the Gurnade Veloster Concept. It leverages all the strengths of the Veloster and takes it where we always envisioned it could go.”
- 845 Motorsports intercooler, downpipe and cold-air intake
- 845 Motorsports ECU tune
- Synapse blow-off valve
- ARK Performance cat-back exhaust
- NEO Motorsports coil-overs and 6-piston big brake kit
- Pierce Motorsports strut bar, rear torsion bar, and tie brace
- Rotiform 19-inch OZT three-piece forged wheels
- Toyo competition-spec tires
- PPG Refinish Magic Magenta paint
- Lightner Motorsports custom fender flares and grille
- EPR carbon-fiber front spoiler, side sills, and rear garnish
- Seibon carbon-fiber hood and hatch
- ARK Performance carbon-fiber spoiler
- Tippett Auto Design vented bumper cover
- Cappelletti Design custom headlamps and foglamps
- Front crash bar
- InShane Design paint protection
- Cobra Nogaro racing seats
- Takata racing harnesses
- Pierce Motorsports roll cage
- Glowshift gauges and LEDGlow lighting
- SoCal Garage Works carbon-fiber steering wheel
- Phoenix Gold subwoofer and amplifier with Stinger audio system wiring
- Creative Car-Tunes audio system