- Trailblazer boasts premium design and refined driving characteristics
- Packed with advanced technology features including: rear park assist and reversing cameras standard across the range, plus Apple CarPlay® and Android® Auto
- Trailblazer awarded five star ANCAP safety rating with a range of impressive safety features
- 2017 Trailblazer on sale October
The new Holden Trailblazer is set to become the 4x4 SUV of choice for even more families with an array of upgrades to technology, drivability, design and safety.
Previously known as Colorado 7, the new Trailblazer has received a new name and a new design to match, providing customers with premium styling and a range of high-tech features, complemented by a refined and comfortable driving experience, without sacrificing it’s off-road credentials.
Holden’s Executive Director of Sales, Peter Keley, said with its significant engineering, feature and design upgrades, combined with competitive pricing, Trailblazer will shake up the 4x4 SUV market.
“The new Trailblazer blends premium styling with impressive in-car technology, both in terms of connectivity and active safety features,” Mr Keley said.
“The 2017 Trailblazer looks great and drives better than ever. To be able to add all of the content we have without adding significantly to the price is a real win for our customers.
“We’re also focused on providing support and peace of mind for our customers throughout the life of their vehicle with our Lifetime Capped Price Service program and our Australian based Customer Care,” said Mr. Keley.
Despite a long list of technology introductions and design upgrades, the 2017 Trailblazer pricing remains largely unchanged from its predecessor.
STYLE AND SAFETY
Trailblazer’s exterior styling enhancements include signature LED daytime running lamps combined with chrome accents, complementing a stylish front fascia and more muscular bonnet design.
A redesigned interior includes premium heated leather seats* with contrast stitching, fresh new dash and updated centre console design. Additionally, Trailblazer boasts a new eight-inch* colour touch screen, with the latest Holden MyLink infotainment system and Apple CarPlay® and Android® Auto**, designed for seamless integration with the driver.
Adding to interior cabin comfort, remote vehicle start allows Trailblazer to reach a comfortable cabin temperature before passengers climb in. The technology offering is further bolstered with rear park assist and reversing cameras standard across the range, whilst the top of the range LTZ steps it up again with front park assist and forward collision alert.
Awarded a five star ANCAP safety rating, Trailblazer offers an array of active and passive safety features including additional driver’s knee airbag, Hill Start Assist, Trailer Sway Control and Hill Descent Control. Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert are added to LTZ models.
ENGINEERED FOR EVERYDAY ADVENTURES
Developed in collaboration between Holden and GM Brazil and alongside the acclaimed 2017 Holden Colorado, Trailblazer blends 4x4 capability with refined and confident on-road performance.
Holden’s Lead Dynamics Engineer, Rob Trubiani, said customers’ lifestyles were central to the engineering objectives for the new Trailblazer.
“Trailblazer is such a versatile car, used for anything from weekday grocery runs to weekend 4x4 driving adventures so we had to ensure it performed in a variety of situations and terrains,” Mr Trubiani said.
The extensive engineering improvements include a revised steering calibration, co-developed between Holden and Brazilian engineers providing a more precise steering feel thanks to a faster steering rack ratio and less turns lock-to-lock.
Other key developments in Trailblazer’s chassis include a revised set of engine, transmission and body mounts to provide a more refined and composed ride, in addition to a new final drive ratio (only in Australia) on manual transmission Trailblazer which will improve drive quality, particularly while towing.
Driver confidence is furthered with the variable steering efforts in Trailblazer’s Electric Power Steering system, allowing it to handle more nimbly and drive like a car.
The 2017 Holden Trailblazer will be on sale at Holden dealers nationwide from early October.
*selected models only. See holden.com.au/trailblazer for more details
**MyLink infotainment system not compatible with all devices. Apple CarPlay is a registered trade mark of Apple Inc. Android is a registered trade mark of Google Inc.
***Subject to Lifetime Capped Priced Servicing terms and conditions.
Holden Trailblazer Range and Feature Highlights
- 2.8L Duramax diesel engine
- 6-speed automatic transmission
- 17” alloy wheels with full size spare
- New MyLink infotainment system:
- 7” colour touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay & Android Auto Phone Projection
- Electric Power Steering (EPS)
- Rear park assist with Reverse Camera
- LED Daytime Running Lamps (DRLs)
- 7 Airbags (Driver, Pass., Fr. Seats, Curtain, Driver Knee)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) System
- Hill Start Assist (HSA) & Trailer Sway Control (TSC)
- Hill Descent Control (HDC)
- Remote window operation (via keyfob)
LTZ highlights over LT:
- 18” alloy wheels with full size spare (machined face)
- New MyLink infotainment system:
- 8” colour touchscreen
- Integrated satellite navigation
- Integrated voice recognition
- Remote vehicle start via keyfob
- Leather appointed seat trim with heated front seats
- Front park assist
- Electronic Climate Control
- Forward Collision Alert (FCA)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Side Blind Zone Alert (SBZA)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- LED tail lights
- Heated and power folding exterior mirrors
- Electrochromatic (light sensitive) rear view mirror
- Rain sensing windscreen wipers
- Chrome exterior details
Trailblazer Exterior Colours
- Summit White
- Absolute Red
- Mineral Black*
- Nitrate Silver*
- Satin Steel Grey*
- Blue Mountain*
* Prestige paint – additional cost