Rex Belt Drive
Rex was one of the first manufacturers of motorcycles in Britain. Their advertising slogan read "The King of British Motors" and the firm was a true market leader in design and development. From 1902, the engine was positioned vertically in the frame, and all parts were made (so claimed the makers) at their own works. The company began as car manufacturers in Birmingham, England in 1899 and moved to Coventry in 1900. There, the Williamson brothers, Billy and Harold, produced their first motorcycles using their own single and twin-cylinder power units, notably a 456cc side-valve and a 726cc inlet-over-exhaust V-Twin. This is an un restored example of a rare 1903 2 1/4 horsepower, 344cc single-cylinder Rex, a well preserved and high quality vintage motorcycle.