REO Depot Truck
Despite founding Olds Motor Vehicle Company in 1897, myriad factors precipitated Ransom E. Olds’ resignation a few short years later in 1903. Choosing to start fresh, Mr. Olds used his initials (R.E.O.) to found the REO Motor Car Company. Production started in 1904, and passenger cars were abandoned in 1936 to concentrate solely on trucks.
This car was auctioned off by RM Auctions in March of 2012 at the Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, Florida.
Nine hp horizontal single-cylinder engine, two-speed planetary gear transmission, semi-elliptic front suspension with full-elliptic rear suspension, and mechanical rear-wheel brakes. Wheelbase: 90"
Source: RM Auctions
Photo Credit: Copyright Simon Clay