Ford Model T Black Widow
Wally Olson first transformed this 1927 T-Roadster into a show-stopping hot rod in 1952, intended as a family project with his sons. In September 1954, it made its magazine debut in a Hot Rod article entitled “Lil’ Beau T.”
Bill Scott purchased the car in 1954-1955, adding the fenders, headlights, windshield and other items required for street legality. The first evidence of its “Black Widow” moniker dates to the August 1957 issue of Rodding and Re-styling, with an inventory of Bill Scott’s mods, including a new “full house” flathead V8 and front suspension modifications including a tubular axle and shocks. Dean Jeffries applied the pinstriping and graphics. At the 1957 Sacramento Automata, the T won the award for Best Roadster, and by the time the 1959 Hot Rod Annual was published, the name Black Widow stuck.
This car was auctioned off by RM Auctions in August of 2010 at the Portola Hotel & Spa and Monterey Conference Center, Monterey, California.
1942-vintage 274 cu. in. Mercury flathead V8 engine with triple carburetors, 1939 Lincoln-Zephyr three-speed manual transmission, dropped tubular front axle with transverse leaf spring, 1934 Ford rear end housing with Halibrand quick-change center section and transverse leaf spring, and 1939 Ford four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes. Wheelbase: 100"
Source: RM Auctions