Lincoln Model L Sport Phaeton
In February 1922, Lincoln was acquired by Henry Ford and became his flagship marque, with Edsel Ford becoming company president that June. Edsel’s fine eye for design was most apparent at Lincoln after 1925, when the old Leland-era bodies were finally phased out. Edsel therefore looked to America’s finest custom coachbuilders to provide limited-production coachwork for the sophisticated Lincoln Model L chassis, including such respected names as Brunn, Judkins, Willoughby, Murphy and Locke. Among Lincoln’s roster of coachbuilders during the era, Locke & Company primarily provided open bodies, including roadsters and phaetons.
This car was auctioned off by RM Auctions in October of 2010 at the Hershey Lodge, Hershey, Pennsylvania.
90 bhp, 384 cu. in. L-head V8 engine, updraft carburetor, three-speed sliding gear manual transmission, solid front axle and full-floating rear axle, front and rear leaf springs, and four-wheel, internal-expanding mechanical brakes. Wheelbase: 136".
Source: RM Auctions