Lancia B20 GT Works Racing Car
The brilliant Aurelia remains Lancia’s signature product of the 1950s. With engineering led by Vittorio Jano, the sophisticated Aurelia included an alloy V6 engine, a rear transaxle, a four-wheel independent suspension and radial-ply tyres – a very sporting specification in its day.
The sleek B20 GT Coupé débuted in 1951, and that year, it placed second in the Mille Miglia and secured a class victory at Le Mans. A podium sweep in the 1952 Targa Florio was followed by victory in the 1953 Liège-Rome-Liège Rally in 1953.
This car was auctioned off by RM Auctions in May of 2010 at the Grimaldi Forum, Monaco.
1,991 cc V6 engine with overhead-valves, dual twin-choke carburetors, four-speed manual gearbox in rear transaxle, sliding pillar independent front suspension, independent rear suspension, four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes. Wheelbase: 2,450 mm (104.7")
Source: RM Auctions