Cadillac Fleetwood Series 75 Limousine
The bodies for the Fleetwood 75 (and those of the upscale Sixty Special sedan) were built by their in-house coachbuilding division Fleetwood. Although most of Fleetwood’s early work was for Packard, by 1925 Lawrence Fisher of Fisher Body Corporation had bought the Pennsylvania company to give Cadillac a captive coachbuilding capability. It was moved to Detroit in stages between 1929 and 1931. Although Fleetwood and Fisher body production became more integrated over the years, there were always separate Fleetwood semi-custom production facilities, where extra care and attention could be devoted to low-volume, high-end body styles and special orders from valued customers.
This car was auctioned off by RM Auctions in January of 2012 at the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa, Phoenix, Arizona.
285 bhp, 365 cu. in. OHV V-8 engine, four-speed Hydra-Matic transmission, coil spring independent front suspension, live rear axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs, and four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes. Wheelbase: 149.75"
Source: RM Auctions