The MG L-type was produced by the MG Car company in 1933 and 1934.
This 2 door sports car used a smaller version of the 6 cylinder overhead camshaft, crossflow engine which now had a capacity of 1086 cc with a bore of 57 mm and stroke of 71 mm and produced 41 bhp (31 kW) at 5500 rpm. It was previously fitted in the 1930 Wolseley Hornet and the 1931 MG F-type Magna . Drive was to the rear wheels through a four speed non-synchromesh gearbox. The chassis was a narrower version of that used in the K-type with suspension by half elliptic springs all round with rigid front and rear axles.
Source: Wikipedia, 2011