The MG P-type was produced from 1934 to 1936. This 2-door sports car used an updated version of the overhead camshaft, crossflow engine, used in the 1928 Morris Minor and Wolseley 10 and previously fitted in the J-type Midget of 1932 to 1934, driving the rear wheels through a four-speed non-synchromesh gearbox. The chassis was a strengthened and slightly longer version of that used in the J-type with suspension by half elliptic springs all round with rigid front and rear axles.
Steering was initially by a Marles Weller and later a Bishop Cam system. The two-seat car had a wheelbase of 87 inches (2210 mm) and a track of 42 inches (1067 mm). Most cars were open two seaters but streamlined Airline coupé bodies were also made. The P-type was also available as a four-seater; a car that suffered from a lack of power and poor rear ground clearance.
Source: Wikipedia, 2011