The MG T series included the TA, TB, TC, TD, and TF models, a range of body-on-frame convertible sports car produced in sequence from 1936 through 1955. The last of these models, the TF, was replaced by the MGA.
The TF launched in 1953 was a facelifted TD, fitted with the TD Mark II engine, headlights fared into the fenders, a sloping radiator grille, and a new pressurized cooling system along with a simulated external radiator cap.
The 1954 engine, now designated XPEG, was enlarged to 1466 cc by increasing the bore to 72 mm (2.8 in), giving 63 bhp (47 kW) at 5,000 rpm; the car was designated the "TF1500".
Source: Wikipedia, 2011