The MGA debuted in September 1955 and marked a radical departure from its predecessors. It garnered a loyal following, however, and in the spring of 1958, the Twin-Cam arrived, which included Dunlop four-wheel disc brakes and disc-type knock-off wheels. With nearly 40 hp more than the standard 1,500-cc MGA, the Twin Cam could exceed 110 mph. About 2,100 Twin-Cam coupes and roadsters were built through early 1960.
This car was auctioned off by RM Auctions in March of 2011 at the Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, Florida.
108 bhp, 1,588 cc DOHC inline four-cylinder engine, dual SU carburetors, four-speed manual gearbox, independent front suspension, live rear axle, and four-wheel Dunlop hydraulic disc brakes. Wheelbase: 94"
Source: RM Auctions
Photo Credit: Copyright Darin Schnabel