Between 1933 and 1938 Triumph made a large and confusing range of Gloria sporting saloons, coupés, tourers, 2-seater sports cars, drophead coupés and golfer’s coupés. All these Glorias, apart from the final two models (1.5-Litre Saloon and Fourteen (1767 cc) Six-Light Saloon of 1937-1938) were powered by 1087 or 1232 cc four cylinder or 1467 or 1991 cc six cylinder Coventry Climax overhead inlet and side exhaust valve designed engines (modified and built under licence by Triumph).
The chassis came in two lengths, with an extra 8 in (203 mm) ahead of the passenger compartment depending on whether the four or six cylinder engine was fitted, and had conventional non-independent suspension with semi elliptic leaf springs. The brakes were hydraulically operated using the Lockheed system with large 12 in (305 mm) drums. A four speed transmission was fitted with an optional free wheel mechanism allowing "clutchless" gear changing. Synchromesh was fitted to the gearbox on the final Fourteen and 1.5 litre models.
Source: Wikipedia, 2011