Pontiac Station Wagon
During the 1930s and 1940s, most manufacturers subcontracted construction of their station wagon bodies. This 1939 Pontiac has a body with mahogany panels framed in white ash built by Hercules.
An alternate choice, a body with birch panels also framed in white Ash, was built by Ionia Manufacturing. While attractive, the genuine wood required frequent and time-consuming maintenance.
Pontiac produced its last true Woody in 1949.
Source: Peterson Automotive Museum