The world’s most-read motorsports digital media company, Motorsport.com, today announced the acquisition of digital assets to the largest online Ferrari community in the world, FerrariChat.com.
- FerrariChat.com becomes part of the Motorsport Network
- Founder Rob Lay remains CEO and shareholder of company
Motorsport.com to improve the international presence and mobility of the largest online Ferrari community in the world
FerrariChat.com will expand into Motorsport.com’s multinational and multimedia presence, including 21 editions and 14 native languages while offering the largest global Ferrari online community in the world.
A privately held company, FerrariChat.com was established in 2000 by its founder and current CEO, Rob Lay. Mr. Lay will retain the same position within the new company while leading all day-to-day operations.
“After several worldwide inquiries to purchase FerrariChat.com, it was clear the best partner for our community was Motorsport.com and the Motorsport Network,” said Lay. “Our mission has always been to provide owners and enthusiasts of the prancing horse a better way to connect, engage and collaborate about everything Ferrari.”
FerrariChat.com is the most active online Ferrari community in the world with more than 95% of the owner and enthusiast forum market share, 175,000 registered users, 10 million posts, and four million monthly page views.
“Pairing Motorsport.com with FerrariChat.com will enable our readership to have seamless points of engagement when discussing everything Ferrari,” said Zak Brown, non-executive chairman, Motorsport.com.
“Since our inception, Motorsport.com has grown opportunistically through acquisition that has leveraged our deep expertise in motorsports and automotive-related sectors. Now with the help of our incredible technology team, we look forward in extending FerrariChat.com into our international network.”
The acquisition further builds upon Motorsport.com’s long-standing relationship with Ferrari via its network of multi-national and multi-language platforms including, Motorstore.com and Amalgam Collection:
- Motorsport.com “Official Digital Media Partner” to the 2015 Ferrari World Finals.
- Motorsport.com owns one of the largest Ferrari motorsports content databases in the world featuring teams and driver pages, digital images, and world-class editorial.
- Motorstore.com is an e-commerce home to a premier collection of Scuderia Ferrari authentic team and driver collections.
- Since 1999 sister company Amalgam Collection has maintained a licensing agreement with Ferrari S.p.A. to produce handcrafted and state-of-the art motor racing and automobile collections.
Motorstport.com is part of the Motorsport Network of companies.
Formed in 1994, Motorsport.com is technologically advanced international digital media group specializing in motor racing content offering 21 editions in 14 languages, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It is part of the Motorsport Network.
Established in 2000, FerrariChat.com is the largest online Ferrari community in the world with over 175,000 registered users, including over 10 million posts.