BMW confirms entry of ALPINA into Australian market through The In Motion Group
- Melbourne-based The In Motion Group, trading as ALPINA Automobiles – Australia, appointed by ALPINA Burkard Bovensiepen GmbH & Co. KG as Australian importer and distributor for BMW ALPINA cars
BMW ALPINA B4 Bi-Turbo Coupe first model to be homologated for sale in Australia with cars arriving in November
- BMW ALPINA B4 Bi-Turbo Convertible, and B3 Bi-Turbo Sedan and Touring models currently undergoing homologation with demonstrator vehicles arriving in November
- ALPINA models initially on sale through The In Motion Group’s Doncaster and Bundoora locations, trading as ALPINA Automobiles – Victoria, with all customer cars built to order
- Further ALPINA dealerships, covering selected major metropolitan areas around Australia, will be announced in due course by The In Motion Group.
- BMW ALPINA models combine bespoke tailored luxury and performance features for grand touring driving
- ALPINA is a low volume German manufacturer that produces a range of cars based on current BMW models and whose association with BMW started in 1965
BMW Group Australia confirms the introduction of the ALPINA brand into the Australian market through The In Motion Group, trading as ALPINA Automobiles – Australia.
Melbourne-based The In Motion Group has been appointed by ALPINA Burkard Bovensiepen GmbH & Co. KG as the national importer and distributor for BMW ALPINA cars, which will initially be available through the Group’s Doncaster and Bundoora locations, trading as ALPINA Automobiles – Victoria.
To provide national coverage for the ALPINA brand, The In Motion Group plans to make ALPINA cars available through further dealerships in selected major metropolitan areas. These will be announced later in 2016.
ALPINA is a low-volume German automobile manufacturer that produces a range of bespoke cars based on current BMW models and has a long association with BMW that started in 1965.
Chief Executive Officer of BMW Group Australia Marc Werner said he welcomes the introduction of the ALPINA brand into the Australian market.
“ALPINA has a long history of producing tailored cars based on BMW models and we welcome their presence in the Australian market,” Werner said.
General Manager of The In Motion Group, Patrick Fielding, said the company was delighted to launch the ALPINA brand in Australia.
“ALPINA has earned a global reputation for producing highly individual cars that marry luxurious comfort and detailing with refined dynamic motoring,” Fielding said.
The first ALPINA model to be available will be the BMW ALPINA B4 Bi-Turbo Coupe which has already undergone ADR compliance and homologation for sale in Australia.
Eight examples of the car are due to arrive in November and these will largely be used as demonstrators for dealers.
The In Motion Group will also offer the BMW ALPINA B4 Bi-Turbo Convertible, and B3 Bi-Turbo Sedan and Touring models, all of which are currently undergoing ADR compliance, and will have one of each available for customers to view and test-drive at the Doncaster location in November.
Given the bespoke nature of the ALPINA models and the vast array of interior trim and material options, all customer cars will be built to order.
All BMW ALPINA B4 Bi-Turbo and B3 Bi-Turbo cars undergo significant modifications to the exterior, interior, drivetrain, chassis and suspension, and exhaust and auxiliary components to create bespoke cars that provide enhanced performance and tailored luxury to deliver a refined, comfortable grand touring motoring experience.
The longstanding and unique relationship between the BMW Group and ALPINA enables the two companies to work in close association to manufacture the BMW ALPINA models.
From its manufacturing plant in Buchloe, near Munich in Germany, ALPINA designs, engineers and manufactures its bespoke components. Many of these components, together with those produced by its suppliers, are fitted to its cars on the assembly line at BMW manufacturing plants in Bavaria.
Finishing of the vehicles is carried out at the ALPINA factory and as an officially registered German automobile manufacturer, every BMW ALPINA is fitted with an individual production plaque along with an BMW ALPINA-specific VIN.
Scheduled servicing for BMW ALPINA models can be carried out by ALPINA Automobiles - Australia and their dealer network (as appointed).