The 2015 Fiat 500X has been spied for the first time. See the photo inside
The 2015 Fiat 500X has been spied for the first time.
Essentially Fiat's version of the Jeep Renegade, the 500X looks like a five-door 500 with an increased ride height. The camouflage hides a lot of details but we can see the model will feature familiar styling cues and a steeply sloped rear window which will likely limit the cargo capacity. The spy photos also reveal the interior will have two-tone seats, a meaty steering wheel and what appears to be an infotainment system.
Engine options will likely be shared with the Jeep Renegade, so choices could include:
- A 1.4-liter MultiAir2 four-cylinder with 138 bhp (103 kW) and 170 lb-ft (230 Nm) of torque
- A 1.4-liter MultiAir Turbo four-cylinder with 160 bhp (119 kW) and 170 lb-ft (230 Nm) of torque
- A 1.4-liter MultiAir2 Turbo four-cylinder with 168 bhp (125 kW) and 184 lb-ft (250 Nm) of torque
- A 2.4-liter MultiAir2 Tigershark four-cylinder with 184 bhp (137 kW) and 177 lb-ft (236 Nm) of torque
- A 1.6-liter MutliJet II turbodiesel four-cylinder with 118 bhp (88 kW) and 320 Nm (236 lb-ft) of torque
- A 2.0-liter MutliJet II turbodiesel four-cylinder with outputs of 138 bhp (103 kW) and 167 bhp (125 kW)
Fiat hasn't said much about the 500X lately but the company has previously confirmed it will go into production at the Melfi plant later this year.