Audi has taken the wraps off the 2014 A8 and S8 facelifts in Frankfurt.
Modestly updated, the models are distinguished by a new front bumper, a revised hood and a modified single-frame grille. There's also additional chrome trim, five new exterior colors and optional Matrix LED headlights which use 25 individual diodes to deliver the optimal amount of light regardless of the situation. The standard model retains its familiar dimensions while the long-wheelbase variant gains an additional 13 centimeters (5.12 in) in both length and wheelbase.
Interior changes are relatively limited but include revised trim (Fine grain poplar brown-silver and Fine grain ash natural gold-brown) and new Unicum leather upholstery which is described as "particularly natural-looking, soft and breathable." The model also has a more accommodating trunk that can hold 520 liters (18.36 cubic feet) of luggage.
On the safety front, there are several updated assistance systems including active lane assist (which makes slight steering adjustments), park assist and a head-up display.
Under the hood, a variety of engines are available including:
- A hybridized 2.0-liter TFSI four-cylinder with 245 HP (180 kW) and 480 Nm (354 lb-ft) of torque
- A 3.0-liter TFSI V6 with 310 HP (228 kW) - an increase of 20 HP (15 kW)
- A 4.0-liter TFSI V8 with 435 HP (320 kW) - an increase of 15 HP (11 kW)
- A 4.0-liter TFSI V8 with 520 HP (382 kW)
- A 6.3-liter W12 with 500 HP (368 kW)
- A 3.0-liter TDI V6 with 258 HP (190 kW) - an increase of 8 HP (6 kW)
- A 4.2-liter TDI V8 with 385 HP (283 kW) - an increase of 34 HP (25 kW)
The 2014 Audi A8 will go on sale in Germany in November and pricing starts at €74,500.