When Skoda introduced the 2013 Octavia, they were quiet about engine specifications. Now the company has come clean by releasing a plethora of new information.
On the petrol side, four different turbocharged engines will be available including:
- A 1.2-liter TSI with 86 HP (63 kW) and 160 Nm (118 lb-ft) of torque
- A 1.2-liter TSI Green tec with 105 HP (77 kW) and 175 Nm (129 lb-ft) of torque
- A 1.4-liter TSI Green tec with 140 HP (103 kW) and 250 Nm (184 lb-ft) of torque
- A 1.8-liter TSI Green tec with 180 HP (132 kW) and 250 Nm (184 lb-ft) of torque
There will also be four turbocharged diesel engines including:
- A 1.6-liter TDI with 90 HP (66 kW) and 250 Nm (184 lb-ft) of torque
- A 1.6-liter TDI Green tec with 105 HP (77 kW) and 250 Nm (184 lb-ft) of torque
- A 1.6-liter TDI GreenLine with 110 HP (81 kW)
- A 2.0-liter TDI Green tec with 150 HP (110 kW) and 320 Nm (236 lb-ft) of torque
Depending on which engine is selected, it can be connected to a five-speed manual transmission, a six-speed manual transmission or a seven-speed DSG gearbox.
The engines also belong to Volkswagen's new EA211 (petrol) and EA288 (diesel) family. This means they benefit from lightweight construction, reduced internal friction and optimized thermal management.
Check out the press release for full details