High-value production captures the next-generation 911 as it undergoes testing in South Africa.
Here's a teaser video from Porsche for the upcoming 2012 911 codenamed 991.
We get to see the new 911 in this high-value production as the model undergoes some testing amidst the enchanted landscapes of South Africa.
Just last month we reported some new details on the model which came from a leaked Car & Driver report as the magazine was covering the 911 development team in South Africa.
We'll re-list them for you here:
- Carrera S to have 400 HP
- Carrera to have 350 HP, share 3.4 liter engine with Boxster S
- 2 transmissions: 7-speed manual and 7-speed PDK
- Launch Control available on both transmissions
- 2.5 inches (6.4 cm) wider, 4 inches (10.2 com) longer wheelbase
- longer wheel base to accommodate HYBRID drivetrain in 2016 mid-cycle refresh
- 12-15% improved fuel efficiency (European cycle)
- electronic parking brake
- full-length sunroof
- 19-inch wheels standard on Carrera, 20-inch on Carrera S (20-inchers optional on Carrera)
- Nürburgring lap time: 8:04 for 991, 7:50 for 991 S. "Best setup" in 7:37.