Adrian Sutil has agreed a new deal with Force India but a contract is not yet signed, the German driver's manager said on Monday.

Adrian Sutil has agreed a new deal with Force India but a contract is not yet signed, the German driver's manager said on Monday.

The 27-year-old has been linked with a move elsewhere for 2011, while at the same time others drivers - including the job-seeking Nick Heidfeld and Nico Hulkenberg - are eyeing Sutil's seat with the Silverstone based team.

But Sutil was at the wheel of the Mercedes-powered VJM03 at the Pirelli test in Abu Dhabi last week, and manager Manfred Zimmerman insists that a "fundamental agreement" covering 2011 is already in place.

"Once a contract is signed, we will announce it," Zimmerman is quoted by Germany's Auto Motor und Sport.

"This should happen within the next two to three weeks," he added.

At the same time, it is rumoured that ousted Williams driver Hulkenberg's best chance of a continuing job in F1 next year is the reserve role at Mercedes GP.

Be part of something big