Jarno Trulli on Saturday denied he is at loggerheads with Toyota about a new contract for 2010 over the issue of money.

Jarno Trulli on Saturday denied he is at loggerheads with Toyota about a new contract for 2010 over the issue of money.

As reported earlier, the 35-year-old Italian is at risk of losing his seat with the Cologne based team, according to quotes attributed to boss John Howett.

But Trulli said the uncertainty about his future is not simply due to a disagreement with Toyota about by how much his salary should drop.

"Money has never been an issue, absolutely not," he told reporters at Valencia. "At the moment there is a lot of cost cutting and I do believe in this part also the driver has to play his role and I am more than happy to."

Trulli admitted he is in talks, but the suggestion in F1 circles is that the 2010 driver market is unlikely to move significantly until major players like Fernando Alonso declare their hand.

"Every year there are a number of pivotal points during the season which determine what is going to happen in the drivers' market," McLaren boss Martin Whitmarsh said earlier this weekend.

"This year I think we all know that the Fernando/Ferrari move has a knock-on (effect) and that ripples through the other teams. Clearly the BMW withdrawal will also have an impact.

"So I don't think we see a need at the moment to rush into it," he added.

 

Be part of something big