Reports about Donington's British grand prix woes have continued into a new week.

Reports about Donington's British grand prix woes have continued into a new week.

Recently, it was reported that the debenture funding scheme was severely delayed, Donington's racing license had been revoked, track operator Simon Gillet was being sued by the landowners, and that the council planning permission for the F1 works was in danger.

On Tuesday, the Guardian newspaper reported that F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone claims "that the funding for those developments, due to come from the debenture sale of ... corporate seats and underwritten by the investment bank Goldman Sachs, has now been withdrawn".

The report said the news casts "fresh uncertainty" over the 2010 race.

A spokeswoman for Donington told the Telegraph: "The shareholders have made a commitment to this project, and we will make further details available shortly."

 

Be part of something big