German driver Nick Heidfeld on Thursday insisted he is not among the three drivers who have reportedly already paid for their mandatory 2009 superlicences.

German driver Nick Heidfeld on Thursday insisted he is not among the three drivers who have reportedly already paid for their mandatory 2009 superlicences.

Amid the Grand Prix Drivers' Association's standoff with the governing FIA, it emerged that three of this season's confirmed 18 drivers ignored the request to hold off paying the controversial high fees.

But BMW-Sauber's Heidfeld, who tested at the Bahrain circuit on Thursday, told the local Gulf Daily News newspaper at Sakhir: "I haven't paid."

Earlier this month, the GPDA issued a statement slamming the recent price increases as "inherently unfair, both in the way they were introduced and the way they impact on individual drivers".

31-year-old Heidfeld said: "I think that the letter that went out explained our point very well and also my point of view."

 

Be part of something big