Bruno Senna has denied reports that he has ruled out returning to the F1 feeder category GP2 in 2009

Bruno Senna has denied reports that he has ruled out returning to the F1 feeder category GP2 in 2009.

The 25-year-old Brazilian was the series' runner-up last season, and had been linked strongly with a formula one debut for the Honda or Toro Rosso teams this year.

A report in the British specialist press on Wednesday said he will definitely not be staying in GP2 in 2009.

"I have only told the iSport team that at the moment I cannot promise them anything, because I want to keep waiting to see if there is a possibility in formula one," Germany's motorsport-magazin.com quotes the nephew of the great Ayrton Senna as saying.

It is clear that Senna rates a Honda takeover as his best chance of a 2009 F1 seat, after talks with Toro Rosso broke down amid the Red Bull-owned team's demands for a pay-driver.

"I wanted a test but I would have got one only if I had paid for the complete season," he said.

 

Be part of something big