Multiple world rally champion Sebastien Loeb has countered speculation his proper test for Red Bull later this month could be a precursor to a switch to formula one.

Multiple world rally champion Sebastien Loeb has countered speculation his proper test for Red Bull later this month could be a precursor to a switch to formula one.

The 34-year-old Frenchman has confirmed he will test the Renault-powered RB4 alongside other grand prix drivers at the Barcelona group test on November 17.

But Loeb insists the drive is simply a "present" from the energy drinks company, which is now a major sponsor of his rally team Citroen.

"I'd like to clear up any speculation about me possibly switching to F1. Next year I'm definitely going to be driving a Citroen C4 WRC in the world rally championship," he said.

Following his F1 test debut on an empty track with Renault last year, Loeb admitted that Barcelona is going to be a different challenge.

"I'm going to find myself in the midst of all the regular F1 drivers during an official test," Loeb said.

"I just hope that I don't make a fool of myself!"

 

Be part of something big